Steve Wake has worked in the print, automotive, aerospace, defence, insurance and I.T., industries as a manager, project manager and consultant. He is an internationally acknowledged expert on Earned Value Project Management which has brought him into contact with many of the world’s largest projects. He has written and presented many times. He was chairman of the Board of the Association for Project Management in the UK for 3 years culminating in the award of a royal charter.
He firmly believes that project management is a life skill for all and has been pursuing policies which promote fairness and equality of outcome.
He has also had to become an accomplished event organiser and chair with his own EVA conference in its 23rd year as well as continued close involvement in the high profile PMI UK Synergy events. Productions with a reputation for the unusual and innovative. His long passion for all kinds of music is almost matched by his continued appreciation of silence.
Currently he is BSI rep on the team developing an ISO standard for EVM as well as a member of the Executive Management Board of the Cabinet Office’s project research programme as well as a contributor to an approach to Agile Portfolios. He is currently obsessed by Anticipatory processes and Earned Benefits.
Earned Value Management – 1 day workshop
Protecting profits and controlling costs with gold standard project management
Earned value is the tool of choice of some of the best known projects.
Who will benefit:
- Project , programme and portfolio managers: senior and team members. Senior board and finance members responsible for assuring shareholder and stakeholder value in any enterprise through the deployment of best practice project management and governance.
What you can gain:
Added value to your role as a team member, manager or board member.
- Understand what EVM and its benefits are.
- Influence the deployment and implementation of an EVM system
- Improved ability to contribute and communicate up and down the organization.
- Protect profits and control costs.
- Assure gold standard project governance.
- Win and retain business.
Introductions and objectives
Earned Value Main Concepts.
- Why earned value is project management tool of choice.
Deploying Earned Value in the Organisation
- Setting out scope and control system
- Estimating , budgeting and scheduling
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Collecting Progress information for reporting.
- Analysis, commentary and management action.
Worked Earned Value A-Z case study covering important learning points.
Implementing Earned Value in your organization.
- What happens next?
- How does the knowledge learned on the course get transformed into action within the organization?
Delegates are made aware of the challenges faced by implementation and encouraged to discuss tactics and to formulate a plan.
Cost for each workshop is £300 + VAT
Cost to eVa23 delegates is £250+ VAT