Here’s one we did earlier. CERN Lessons Learnt
CERN Engineering Department Head
- Laurea in Scienze dell’Informazione, University of Pisa, July 1974
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, November 1975
- System and application programming of mini-computers for the secondary beam lines of the SPS and participation to the operation of the experimental areas.
- Computing in the embedded micro-processors for the beam instrumentation of LEP. Design and implementation of the system driving the Beam Synchronous Timing of LEP.
- Participation in the setting-up of the Industrial Controls Group focusing on equipment and techniques used for process control in industry.
- Leader of a multi-disciplinary team running the LHC Test String 1 and organizing the experiments.
- Design and construction of the next generation facility, the LHC Prototype Full-Cell (String 2). Participation to the design of the electrical feedbox for String 2 in collaboration with BINP. Operation of the facility.
- Implementation and management of the “Hardware Baseline” of the LHC Project containing then engineering documentation.
- Project Leader for the Commissioning of the Technical Systems of the LHC.
- Group Leader for the completion of the installation and consolidation activities and carrying out the commissioning of the technical systems of LHC.
- Group Leader of the Industrial Controls and Electronics Group
- Deputy Department Head of the Engineering Department Department
- Head of the Engineering Department